15 Ways To Love Your Home
Date: 13-02-2015 Time: 00:00:00 Category: Interior Design
It's valentines day tomorrow and while every one is buying chocolates and booking restaurant tables why not show your home abit of love this weekend. We've come up with 15 favourite ways to really enjoy your home and make the most of what you've got. A home is like a relationship, you get out of it what you put in.
Work at it
1. Create an outbox- use a plain old cardboard box, a hamper or a bag and use it to put items in that you want to donate, return to an owner and give to family & friends. Whats an outbox you say?
2. Rearrange- be it big or small, furniture or accessories. Refreshing a room can make a big difference to a space
3. Clean it- this may seem obvious but taking the weekend to the give the house a real good scrub can brighten your whole mood. Use this time to do the jobs you've been putting off.
4. Do a bit of gardening- tidy up hedges, do a bit of weeding and sweep the patio. You could even go a little crazy and scrub the door step. A bit of curb appeal will make returning home a joy when you see the front door.
5. Fix it- fix any bits that need doing around the house; replace light bulbs, fix that leaky tap and do a paint touch up. Just get it done.
Inject some life
6. Paint it- Add some colour into your home with a bit of paint. Use yellow to promote happiness and green to improve creativity. Both will brighten any room whether its a whole wall or just pops of colour.
7. Frame it- Frame and hang some art pieces. There is always something worth showing off, even if it means just getting some family photos out of the album and up on the wall.
8. Add some plants- or even flowers or both. New life in the home makes a room come alive plus they are good for you.
9.Start a project- Take some time and start planing a project you want to make for your home. It could be a whole room redecoration or making some accessories, its your choice. Start it now.
10.Let some light in- Make sure to open your curtains and blind every morning to bring as much light and warmth into your home. In winter this is essential for you and your home.
11. Eat- Cook a favourite meal or order the best takeaway in town. Spend a little more on your groceries and get your favourite food or treats. Get a few favourite boozy drinks in or the the tastiest coffee around. If you love it, treat yourself.
12. Light some candles- it doesn't have to be romantic, candles give warmth and a cosy feel no matter what the occasion. Some of them smell pretty fantastic too.
13.Do a hobby- Switch off the telly and do something with your hands. Get a way from the computer and read a book. Lay back and listen to a whole music album. If you love it, do it.
14. Spend some time in the garden- Weather permitting, it can be lovely to sit out or wander in the garden to clear your head and appreciate the home you have including the outside as well.
15. Simply relax- Sit in quiet contemplation and think about all the wonderful items and memories you have in your home. If you want, share this moment with some one you love and enjoy their company just as it is.
Enjoy your weekend and remember to love your home, yourself and others. Happy Valentines!
Image Credit:Sponge Ville ,
A beautiful Mess,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
15 Ways To Love Your Home
The Barkers family and staff always do everything they can to make customers feel welcome and accommodated. We are constantly trying to improve the service, the products we buy, the website and the prices we buy at, so that we can constantly evolve and improve.